Autumn Flannel OOTD
..With Westwood's Trainers from her Fall 2025 Ready-To-Wear Collection
Vivienne Westwood's animal toe shoes made their first appearance in her Spring/Summer 2000 collection, and have since become a recurring theme in her and Krontaler's more recent collections.
They come in a variety of colors, materials and styles—ranging from elegant high heels with an interesting twist and casual canvas summer sneakers featuring the famous blue tartan pattern, to basketball-style sneakers with hook-and-loop closures. The distinctive, animal-inspired toe design has become one of the signature archival elements of Westwood fashion shows.
I own a pair of high-top sneakers from the Fall 2025 Ready-To-Wear Collection, crafted from black grained lambskin, calf suede, and mesh, featuring Velcro straps across the instep. The Animal Trainers are at least as comfortable as the Catch Stomper Sandals I introduced to you last year; they fit my style perfectly without having the instantly recognizable look that many of Vivienne Westwood’s other iconic shoes possess.
Time for today's look:
And in the wild:
I deliberately wanted to avoid the typical 90s grunge flannel look, so I buttoned the shirt asymmetrically and slipped into only one sleeve to create that "one-shoulder-free" look.





Comments
Post a Comment